So much of what we do at SparkAI is about the interface between robotics and our system. Our API is the key to assisting robotics in production. We’re looking for a backend engineer to help us thoughtfully grow our backend API to support numerous new robotic applications.
We’re a fast growing engineering team working together to make big things happen. This role comes with a lot of ownership and responsibility! You’ll have the opportunity to create a significant impact on the product immediately.
SparkAI is on a mission to accelerate the proliferation of automation and robotics. We’re starting by addressing the most expensive and pervasive barrier to scale – AI edge cases – with an API-based service that resolves machine learning exceptions live, in production. Founded by veterans of the autonomous vehicle industry (Zoox, Uber ATG, Apple, Otto), SparkAI is changing how companies are solving problems on the path to commercialization, empowering the world's largest companies to deliver groundbreaking automation products faster than ever.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us – and let’s show the world how. We look forward to meeting you!
What you'll do here
- Join the engineering effort on building new APIs and maintaining existing ones
- Develop authorization and access schemes
- Work with the infrastructure and product teams for responsible scaling
- Build out new features to support our growing enterprise customer base
- Write high quality software in a fun, collaborative environment
What we're looking for
- Experience with security and authorization protocols
- Good intuition on designing APIs, whether RESTful or other schemes
- Demonstrated ability to produce reliable, secure and quality software
You'll love this job if you
- Are interested in robotic applications, and developing software that assist robots
- Want to join a fun, fast-moving engineering team
- Are excited about robotics, and the future of automation
- Are a self-starter with infection enthusiasm, energy and problem-solving abilities
- Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile
- If we think there is a great fit, we'll set up an introductory phone call with you. This is an opportunity to get to know more about us, our culture, and our vision for robotics
- From there, we'll set up a remote interview with our team. We understand your time is valuable and will work around your schedule
- From the interview, you'll hear from us within a week about an offer or next steps
- Even if you don't think you're a fit or the timing is right, we'd still love to hear from you!
- At SparkAI, we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer
- We strive to create a high-energy, collaborative and supportive place to work
- We believe in a high-trust environment, where every member of the team has a high degree of autonomy
- We are fully remote with a flexible workplace
- All employees have access to our top-tier benefits package