At SparkAI, our philosophy is to robustly test our system at all levels to assure our highly available system. We are seeking a QA Engineer to support our critical infrastructure that is serving tens of thousands critical decisions each day. You will navigate our code base, identifying weak spots, and aiding us in the design of better and stronger systems. You will have a critical impact on the quality of our service.
In this role, you use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, prevent and/or catch critical bugs and more. You will use the latest in tooling and infrastructure to provide that testing through the entire product lifecycle.
SparkAI is on a mission to accelerate the proliferation of automation and robotics. We’re starting by addressing the most expensive and pervasive barrier to scale – AI edge cases – with an API-based service that resolves machine learning exceptions live, in production. Founded by veterans of the autonomous vehicle industry (Zoox, Uber ATG, Apple, Otto), SparkAI is changing how companies are solving problems on the path to commercialization, empowering the world's largest companies to deliver groundbreaking automation products faster than ever.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us – and let’s show the world how. We look forward to meeting you!
What you'll do here
- Develop and maintain an automated testing framework that supports testing across the entire product lifecycle.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Plan and coordinate testing activities, thoroughly identifying and documenting bugs
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Maintain relevant knowledge about new testing tools and test strategies
What we're looking for
- 2+ years' experience of working on a QA Engineer position
- Significant experience of working in software development teams and using software QA methodologies and tools
- Experience with performance and/or security testing will be a bonus
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area
- Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile
- If we think there is a great fit, we'll set up an introductory phone call with you. This is an opportunity to get to know more about us, our culture, and our vision for robotics
- From there, we'll set up a remote interview with our team. We understand your time is valuable and will work around your schedule
- From the interview, you'll hear from us within a week about an offer or next steps
- Even if you don't think you're a fit or the timing is right, we'd still love to hear from you! Apply below
- At SparkAI, we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer
- We strive to create a high-energy, collaborative and supportive place to work
- We believe in a high-trust environment, where every member of the team has a high degree of autonomy
- We are fully remote with a flexible workplace
- All employees have access to our top-tier benefits package