At SparkAI, our system is processing hundreds of thousands of tasks and supporting the leading companies in robotics and automation. We are seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to help accelerate our real-time decision making platform. In this role, you will use the latest techniques in computer vision, deep learning, and natural language processing to improve the performance and quality of our edge case resolution service.
We are developing a number of exciting models, and the work you do will run in a near real-time production environment. You will have an opportunity to help define the tools, architecture, and operations of the system, and drive immediate to the product and our customers.
SparkAI is on a mission to accelerate the proliferation of automation and robotics. We’re starting by addressing the most expensive and pervasive barrier to scale – AI edge cases – with an API-based service that resolves machine learning exceptions live, in production. Founded by veterans of the autonomous vehicle industry (Zoox, Uber ATG, Apple, Otto), SparkAI is changing how companies are solving problems on the path to commercialization, empowering the world's largest companies to deliver groundbreaking automation products faster than ever.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. If you believe revolutionary automation and robotics products shouldn’t have to wait for the next AI breakthrough, join us – and let’s show the world how. We look forward to meeting you!
What you'll do here
- Build, evaluate, iterate and integrate AI/ML models within our production system.
- Run AI/ML tests and experiments, using modern tools to assist with parameter tuning
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks as necessary
- Keep abreast of field developments
What we're looking for
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Ability to write robust, production-ready code
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- BSc or BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant area; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile
- If we think there is a great fit, we'll set up an introductory phone call with you. This is an opportunity to get to know more about us, our culture, and our vision for robotics
- From there, we'll set up a remote interview with our team. We understand your time is valuable and will work around your schedule
- From the interview, you'll hear from us within a week about an offer or next steps
- Even if you don't think you're a fit or the timing is right, we'd still love to hear from you! Apply below
- At SparkAI, we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer
- We strive to create a high-energy, collaborative and supportive place to work
- We believe in a high-trust environment, where every member of the team has a high degree of autonomy
- We are fully remote with a flexible workplace
- All employees have access to our top-tier benefits package